1. Add a warning that the system is going to time out. Mango times out after 120 minutes. This enhancement will result in a notification indicating Mango is about to timeout. The notification will appear after 7 1/2 minutes of inactivity. The page will redirect to logout after 15 minutes. In the past, the timeout occurred without warning. This enhancement resolves the one ADA requirement that Mango did not meet.
2. Change label at the top of hte facets from "Narrow results by" to "Filter results by".
3. On mobile interface, make facets button larger and change label from "Facets" to "Filters".
4. Add fines/fees to My Account. Open fees/fines are being added to the patron My Account area. The fines are under the User Activity column. When "View fines" is selected, the patron can see the items for which the fine is being generated.
5. Send URLs when texting citations to eResources. When using the txt tool, Mango will text the URL if the record is an eResource record.
6. Suppress subject headings with subfield 2 gtt. The change will work as follows for subject headings: if the 6XX subfield a is a word, the subfield 2 will appear in Mango; if the subfield a is a number or punctuation, the subfield 2 will not show up. This enhancement will suppress subject headings such as the first one (7.150) shown below.
7. Fix subfield 5 display on 5XX notes for FCS records. FCS bibliographic records with a subfield 5 on 5XX fields will display the same as they do for the SUS. If there is a subfield 5, the note will only display for the institution identified. Prior to this change, the 5XX fields displayed for all FCS institutions regardless of the value in the subfield 5.
1. Change word "Anywhere" to "Keyword".
2 Search by barcode number. A barcode search has been added. It will appear in local views (not the statewide view) and the item in the drop down appears for Library Catalog type searches only.
3. Add Advanced Search radio button to other search tabs. The radio button to access the Advanced Search page has been added to all search tabs for better access to the Advanced Search.
4. Change "Search" and "Start Over" buttons on advanced search page so they are always at the bottom of the search area. The Search and Start Over buttons will always be at the bottom of the Advanced Search area whether the area is expanded or not.
5. Patron's contact information added to My Account. Contact information has been added so staff can direct their patrons to their account to see which email address will be used for communication purposes, primarily for circulation notices (courtesy, overdue, lost, requests ready for pickup, etc.). Patrons will have the opportunity to change the email address or any contact information at the campus office. Since the patron load file would overwrite local changes, changing it at the library would not be best.
For the colleges, patron address type 01 is used and for the universities, patron address type 02 is used.
6. Remove the current full text link (with the PDF); change name "View Record" to "Full Text"; add PDF icon to new "Full Text" button. This change affects only article links with the specific combination currently of "View Record" and "Full Text". The problem has been that there was no indication what database the article was include in after the PDF came up. In this specific case, it was preferable to always link to EBSCO's detailed record page for these articles.
This enhancement does not affect EBSCO HTML only articles or other customlinks setup in EBSCOAdmin, such as those shown below. These other customlinks lead to detailed record pages on other vendors' platforms and so the vendors' tools, such as citation features, are available.
7. Implement "Exact match, search within" placard for ejournal titles coming from the EDS API. EBSCO's Exact match, search within placard will appear in Mango above the search results when a journal title is searched for. If there is a matching title in Full Text Finder's knowledgebase, the placard will appear. If there is also a Research Starter, such as in the case of money (Money magazine), the Research Starter will display first and the search within placard will display second. Searching in the placard's search box will result in all articles in the brief results list coming from that publication.
Having the placard appear or not can be set in EBSCOAdmin.
8.New Solr indexing version, new relevance ranking. Aleph MARC records are extracted and loaded into Mango where they are re-indexed using a program called Solr. The new version is Solr 7.6.
The new Solr version has a new way of relevance ranking. Old Solr looked at how often terms appeared in each record and how often terms appear across the index. Query boosting adds greater weight to terms in titles, etc. The new Solr looks a the number of times terms appear in fields in each record and the number of records that contain the term in the field. Is has a new formula to normalize and weight reslts. Query boosting is also used to add greater weight to terms in titles, etc.
FLVC/FALSC adjusted boosting values so that brief search results approximate those that come up now. What you will see while searching Mango is that specific records may appear in a different order on the first page of search results, but generally speaking, the same records are on the first page of results.